Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy
- £60 per session, usually 3-5 sessions
Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT) is a non-invasive alternative to surgery, steroidal injections and oral medication.
ESWT is available at The Lincolnshire Podiatry Clinic in the form of the Swiss Dolorclast device. The Swiss Dolorclast is the most rigorously studied and feverishly tested device on the market and boasts fantastic outcomes.
ESWT causes micro-trauma to the targetted area, increasing blood flow and speeding up recovery time.
We can use ESWT to treat a range of osseous (bony) and tendon pathologies, achilles tendinopathy and plantar fasciitis as well as helping to reduce tone in stubborn muscle groups.
ESWT can be used as a stand alone treatment for targetted pain, as a mechanical myofascial therapy, alongside foot orthoses and exercise programs, or a combination of these.
- Plantar Fasciitis.
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Calf/muscle Pain
- Osteoarthritis pain reduction
- Non invasive.
- Quick and effective treatment.
- Targeted therapy.
- Well researched and tested.
- Pain relief.
- Can be uncomfortable on application.
- Flare ups are common within the first 48 hrs post treatment (these are part of the mechanical process but can be uncomfortable).
- Cannot be used in pregnancy or if you have a clotting disorder or if you are taking anticoagulants (blood thinners).
Initial Assessment – See Biomechanical Assessment
ESWT session – £60 (3-5 sessions usually required).